Property Administrator/Book keeper/Assistant Property Manager
Proactive Management, Toronto, ON
Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a fit for Proactive Management, Canada’s fast growing property management firm.
We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for them.
Our property management company is looking to hire an Bookkeeper/Property Administrator or combined Assistant property manager part time 2-3 days a week.
Education & Experience Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or accounting) The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 year of experience in Property Management industry
- Exceptional time management, organization skills and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and Customer Service skills
- Ability to establish strong relationships with owners, vendors, coworkers etc.
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Proactive problem and solutions recognition
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detailed oriented, organized and have strong time management skills Tools & Equipment Used Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment. Physical Requirements / Working Environment the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours may occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Travel Occasional travel to head office for meetings may be required. Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. First Service Residential welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Provides support services to the Property Manager in the overall running of the site office and exceptional customer service to owners, residents, trades and other guests to the building. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete day-to-day fiscal activities of the assigned Residential and Condominium properties, including daily bookkeeping, operations analysis, financial statement preparation and budget management
- Reconcile and maintain a full understanding of all balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare a detailed variance analysis of revenue and expenses;
- Monitor, track, and enter accounts payable invoices into QuickBooks ensuring correct coding and authorization.
- Review and monitor accounts receivable.
- Reconcile accounts receivable accounts when required.
- Prepare accurate tenant reconciliation on a timely basis.
- Responsible for completing accounting portion of assigned budgets.
- Reconcile and Remit all GST/HST, Payroll Remittance, etc.
- Perform monthly bookkeeping (bank reconciliations, deposits etc.)
- Assist with the preparation of year-end audit and tax work papers.
- Assist Property Manager with Leasing as required
- Prepare notices as needed
- Address resident inquiries with courtesy and professionalism
- Answer phone calls with courtesy, take messages or carry out functions if possible
- Communicate with tradesperson when requested by Property Manager, prepare call summary and include all details for Property Manager
- Obtain mail and distribute accordingly
- Obtain reports from Concierge Desk, highlight anything that requires the Property Manager’s attention
- Obtain all completed forms for filing, stamped received and send by fax or Email to Accounts Receivable
- Copy Agenda, Managers Report, building inspections and other documents as requested by Property Manager
- Prepare packages for Board Members
- Date stamp invoices and cheques when they are received
- Enter cheques in the income intake report
- Book party rooms and collect money as per policy
- Book elevators for deliveries and moves
- Answer owner’s inquiries and requests
- Provide Status Certificates Request forms to owners
- Updating Building Information Sheets as needed
- Respond to emergency situations in timely manner
- Other duties as assigned Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to Proactive Management Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- (Legislative Requirements Assistant Property Managers who do not hold a Limited License cannot perform any of the condominium management services outlined below, even if they work under the supervision of a General or Transitional General License (supervising licensee). Assistant Property Managers who hold a Limited License are permitted to perform condominium management services under the supervision of a supervising licensee, subject to the conditions outlined below:
- The Licensee shall not enter into, extend, renew or terminate a contract or other agreement on behalf of a client except with the prior approval of the supervising licensee.
- The Licensee cannot make any expenditures of more than $500 of the client’s money, not including the reserve fund, except with the prior approval of the Supervising Licensee.
- The Licensee shall not make expenditures out of, invest or otherwise make dispositions of a client’s reserve fund.
- The Licensee shall not sign status certificates under the Condominium Act, 1998 on behalf of a client
- The licensee shall not, on behalf of a client, give anything to an owner or mortgagee that the client is required to give to an owner or mortgagee under the Condominium Act, 1998 A Limited Licensee may perform an action in 1 or 2 above without the prior approval of a supervising licensee if it is necessary to ensure the immediate safety or security of persons using the property or to prevent imminent damage to the property or assets of the client.)